Deadline: 6 April 2018
SGP in Malaysia is currently inviting qualified civil society organizations to put forward proposals that would help SGP undertake a project that working in the territories and areas conserved by indigenous peoples and local communities (ICCAs) in Malaysia.
The Global Support Initiative for Indigenous Peoples and Community – Conserved Territories and Areas (ICCA-GSI) is a global project funded by the Government of Germany, through its Federal ministry of the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB), implemented by UNDP-GEF Small Grants Programme (SGP).
In line with Country Programme Strategy, the programme aims to expand the range and quality of diverse governance types of protected areas, and enhance sustainable livelihoods of indigenous peoples and local communities through improved recognition, capacity building and empowerment, and on-the ground support to Indigenous Peoples and Community-Conserved Territories and Areas (ICCAs). Further, these actions will contribute to achieving national and global level Aichi 2020 Targets of the Convention of Biological Diversity (CBD); particularly, Target 11 – Increasing protected areas coverage, Target 14 – safeguarding essential ecosystem services, and Target-18 protection of traditional knowledge.
The grant for the ICCA projects shall be a maximum of USD 50,000.
The duration of each grant project may vary from 12 to 24 months.
- Locally registered non-for-profit Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), Community Based Organisations (CBOs) and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs).
- Organisation possesses local registered bank account of the organisation.
- Community Based Organisation (CBOs) is encouraged to apply through intermediary organisation that has the local organisation registration and bank account.
- Organisation must have experiences working with indigenous communities and understand issues faced by indigenous peoples, understand the principle of ICCA and have working experiences at grassroots level.
- The proposals must clearly present the experience of the applicant and its partner organizations in the issues to be addressed.
How to Apply
The full call for proposals document can be downloaded via given website.
Eligible Country: Malaysia
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.