Deadline: 31 August 2016
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Malaysia is seeking applicants from civil society organizations for its Global Environment Facility (GEF) Small Grants Programme (SGP) with an aim to provide strategic support to territories and areas conserved by indigenous peoples and local communities (ICCAs) in Malaysia.
- To support outreach and awareness raising activities among Malaysian NGOs, CBOs , IPOs and civil society organizations on global and national environmental concerns.
- To build the capacities of NGOs, CBOs and local communities in addressing such environmental concerns.
- To provide a mechanism for demonstrating and disseminating community-level or community-led interventions and solutions to such environmental concerns.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Biological Diversity
- Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
- Land Degradation
- Sustainable Forest Management
- International Waters
- The grant for the proactive ICCA initiative shall be a maximum of USD 50,000.
- ICCA initiative is expected to last up to 36 months.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Interested NGOs and CBOs seeking for SGP grants should make sure that the following basic criteria are met.
- Locally registered NGOs, CBOs and civil society organizations.
- Demonstrate strong organizational capacity to implement SGP grant projects and meet SGP requirements.
- Ensure the proposed project falls within one of the specified GEF SGP focal areas.
- Demonstrate strong community involvement in the planned or proposed project.
- Non-registered and rural based organizations such as village committees are encouraged to apply in partnership with intermediary organizations (to assist them in providing project management services and meeting SGP requirements).
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Eligible Country: Malaysia
For more information, please visit Small Grants Program.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.