Deadline: 12 March 2019
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is accepting applications for a cooperative agreement from qualified entities to implement the Amazon Indigenous Rights and Resources program.
The purpose of USAID/AREP’s “Amazon Indigenous Rights and Resources (AIRR)” Activity (henceforth “the Activity”) is to improve participation of indigenous peoples in the sustainable economic development of the Amazon, ultimately leading to the conservation of biodiversity and reduced emissions from forest loss. This will be achieved through the following two objectives:
- Indigenous rights and economic interests incorporated into private and public sector development planning
- Indigenous enterprises equitably and sustainably scaled to regional and global markets
To achieve its purpose, the Activity will work with new and non-traditional partners, including indigenous peoples, their organizations, their enterprises, the private sector, civil society, government entities, and other key stakeholders of large-scale infrastructure and extractives projects in the Amazon region.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Through the Activity, USAID seeks to neither support nor inhibit the extraction of resources or development of infrastructure, but rather to ensure that such activities, where they occur, are done in a way that safeguards natural resources and indigenous rights, cultures and livelihoods in the Amazon region.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Subject to funding availability and at the discretion of the Agency, USAID intends to provide no more than $18 million in total USAID funding over a (5) five-year period
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Eligibility for this NFO is not restricted.
- U.S. and non-US organizations may participate under this NFO. USAID welcomes applications from organizations which have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
- Applicants must have established financial management, monitoring and evaluation processes, internal control systems, and policies and procedures that comply with established U.S. Government standards, laws, and regulations. The successful applicant may be subject to a responsibility determination assessment (Pre-award Survey) by the Agreement Officer (AO).
- The Recipient must be a responsible entity. The AO may determine a pre-award survey is required to conduct an examination that will determine whether the prospective recipient has the necessary organization, experience, accounting and operational controls, and technical skills – or ability to obtain them – in order to achieve the objectives of the program and comply with the terms and conditions of the award.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted by email to the address given on the website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=312484