Deadline: 6 September 2017
The Department of Science and Technology (DST) from Indian side and the Research Council of Norway (RCN) from Norwegian side have jointly announced a call for proposals to support projects within the field of ICT research.
The objective of this call is to establish joint Indian-Norwegian researcher projects that strengthen already on-going research activities in each research group and contribute significant added value to these on-going activities within ICT and the thematic areas:
- Smart environments: This area includes topics like environmental monitoring, smart neighborhoods, sensor networks/IoT, smart grid, monitoring for safe living, mobility and wireless infrastructure. Artificial intelligence, autonomous and cognitive systems.
- ICT for society: This area includes topics like educational ICT, ICT for improved e-Governance, human-computer interfaces with particular emphasis on elderly, disabled and illiterate citizens, and cyber security, privacy and vulnerability for individual citizens and society at large.
Up to 40 million NOK /INR 30 crore in total is available from the Research Council of Norway (RCN) for allocation to Norwegian institutions.
- Joint proposals must be developed in cooperation between Principal Investigators (PIs) representing a research institution in Norway (universities, university colleges and research institutes are eligible to apply) and a research institution in India.
- Each partner PI must submit separate research proposal from the research institution.
- Additional collaborators from other countries may be included. DST and RCN will only fund their own partners.
- Project cooperation should be well-rooted in research institutions in both countries and organised to ensure relevance and benefit to society and industry. To ensure adequate participation of all project partners and encourage long-term cooperation, the project description should clearly describe specific in-kind and financial contributions by each partner, as well as their role in the joint project.
How to Apply
Indian and Norwegian applicants shall submit applications in English to DST and RCN via given website.
Eligible Countries: India and Norway
For more information, please visit DST-RCN Call for Proposals.