Deadline: 31 January 2017
The Spider Center has announced an open call in the thematic programme of education and learning.
The objective of the present call is to receive project proposals that are ready to be implemented and can deliver concrete results. Proposals that can demonstrate how they will achieve learning outcomes and organizations that form strategic partnerships with different stakeholders from the public and private sector and civil society will be prioritized.
The focus is on vocational skills, and consideration will be given to proposals that are competency based, learner centered, and using formal and/or non-formal education. The areas will be in different trades and subjects where the trainees are taught technical and life skills that will lead to productivity and improve chances of employability and/or self-sufficiency.
Award and Duration
- The project should not exceed 1 million SEK per year.
- Spider will fund projects in education starting from mid-2017. Projects need to end by mid-2019.
- The proposed ICT component(s) should be used as a tool for furthering education within the particular context, specifically integrating pedagogically proven methods. The project should make use of ICTs/ method in ICT4D that has yielded the desirable results in the same or similar socio-economic settings and tailored to the context in which it is implemented.
- Spider will accept applications from institutions of learning, vocational schools and organisations from the following 23 priority countries for Swedish development cooperation:
How to Apply
Eligible institutions may fill out application form available on the website.
An application shall consist of:
- concept note, written in English, maximum two pages, font Times New Roman 10
- an externally audited annual report
- audit management letter
- proof of registration.
All application documents must be submitted via email.
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.