Deadline: 31 August 2019
The U.S. Embassy Quito and U.S. Consulate Guayaquil Public Affairs Sections (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State have announced an open competition for organizations and individuals to submit applications to carry out a program or project with funding through the Public Diplomacy Grants Program.
PAS invites proposals for programs that strengthen ties between the United States and Ecuador through cultural and exchange programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation. All programs must include a U.S. element, connection with U.S. expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
Priority Program Areas
The Mission is particularly interested in Public Diplomacy exchanges, media, outreach, audiovisual production, and speaker programs that:
- Expand security partnerships to address regional security and global challenges
- Strengthen institutions to promote the rule of law, transparency, and accountability
- Promote universal freedoms and democratic principles and practices
- Promote mutual, inclusive, and sustainable economic prosperity
- Develop human capital and support increased economic opportunities for women and marginalized communities
- Strengthen international collaboration in regional and multilateral fora
- Length of performance period: up to 24 months.
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $10,000 to a maximum of $50,000
Participants and Audiences
All proposals should clearly indicate their intended participants and audiences.
- The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from U.S. and Ecuadorian:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience
- Non-profit or governmental educational institutions
- Governmental institutions
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants are only allowed to submit one proposal per organization/individual. If more than one proposal is submitted, all proposals from that institution will be considered ineligible for funding.
How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted by email (.pdf or .doc formats only, not iCloud) at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://ec.usembassy.gov/notice-of-funding-opportunity-3/