Deadline: 30 August 2017
The U.S. Mission to Canada Public Affairs Section (PAS) is seeking applications for its U.S. Mission to Canada Public Affairs Grants program to support activities that promote U.S.-Canada bilateral relations.
The goal of these grants is to enhance relations between Canadian and U.S. organizations and people in the priority areas described, and/or to inform Canadian audiences about the United States, its culture, society, government, legal, economic and political systems, and values.
To further these goals, grant proposals must include a specific focus on American content, which can include speakers who are experts in U.S. policy, academia, culture, and economics; the use of U.S. training models or materials; exchanges with U.S. institutions; or promotion of U.S. culture and art.
- Increase entrepreneurship and economic prosperity; maximize economic growth and bilateral trade, tourism, and investment, especially among youth and underserved communities;
- Enhance civil society’s ability to respond to transnational crime, natural disasters or terrorist threats;
- Enhance bilateral partnerships in promotion of rule of law assistance, development, and cooperation in the Americas and beyond; and
- Promote cultural exchange and enhance understanding of our shared history, traditions, and values.
- Academic and professional lectures;
- Public seminars and programs;
- Professional development workshops and training for youth and underserved communities;
- Professional and academic exchanges and projects;
- Artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances and exhibitions.
- Award Ceiling: U.S. $15,000.00
- Award Floor: U.S. $3,000.00
- The U.S. Mission to Canada encourages applications from all sectors in Canada, as well as U.S. not-for-profit organizations with partners in Canada, and registered Canadian organizations: civil society organizations, local representatives of civil society, think tanks, non-governmental organizations, and academic institutions.
- To be eligible for a grant award, in addition to other conditions of this request for applications, organizations must have a commitment to non-discrimination with respect to beneficiaries and adherence to equal opportunity employment practices.
- Non-discrimination includes equal treatment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
- Commercial firms are ineligible to receive funding through this award mechanism.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Canada
For more information, please visit U.S. Mission to Canada Public Affairs Grants Program.