Deadline: 30 August 2017
The U.S. Mission to Canada Public Affairs Section (PAS) is seeking applications for its U.S. Mission to Canada Public Affairs Grants program to support activities that promote U.S.-Canada bilateral relations.
The goal of these grants is to enhance relations between Canadian and U.S. organizations and people in the priority areas described, and/or to inform Canadian audiences about the United States, its culture, society, government, legal, economic and political systems, and values.
To further these goals, grant proposals must include a specific focus on American content, which can include speakers who are experts in U.S. policy, academia, culture, and economics; the use of U.S. training models or materials; exchanges with U.S. institutions; or promotion of U.S. culture and art.
- Increase entrepreneurship and economic prosperity; maximize economic growth and bilateral trade, tourism, and investment, especially among youth and underserved communities;
- Enhance civil society’s ability to respond to transnational crime, natural disasters or terrorist threats;
- Enhance bilateral partnerships in promotion of rule of law assistance, development, and cooperation in the Americas and beyond; and
- Promote cultural exchange and enhance understanding of our shared history, traditions, and values.
- Academic and professional lectures;
- Public seminars and programs;
- Professional development workshops and training for youth and underserved communities;
- Professional and academic exchanges and projects;
- Artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances and exhibitions.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Award Ceiling: U.S. $15,000.00
- Award Floor: U.S. $3,000.00
- The U.S. Mission to Canada encourages applications from all sectors in Canada, as well as U.S. not-for-profit organizations with partners in Canada, and registered Canadian organizations: civil society organizations, local representatives of civil society, think tanks, non-governmental organizations, and academic institutions.
- To be eligible for a grant award, in addition to other conditions of this request for applications, organizations must have a commitment to non-discrimination with respect to beneficiaries and adherence to equal opportunity employment practices.
- Non-discrimination includes equal treatment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
- Commercial firms are ineligible to receive funding through this award mechanism.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Canada
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit U.S. Mission to Canada Public Affairs Grants Program.