Deadline: 31 January 2020
Applications are now open for 2020 Ignite Africa Challenge working towards shaping the future of Africa.
Ignite Africa Challenge is a platform centered on unveiling youth talent across continent for solving the most pressure problems through high impact social entrepreneurship.
The aim of Ignite Africa Challenge is to nurture the continent’s youth towards achieving Agenda 2063 and wants to inspire the youth of Africa towards social good and enable continent to fulfill its rich potential.
- Ignite Africa identifies today’s most creative solution makers;
- Ignite Africa nurtures the untapped African talent;
- Ignite Africa accelerates the African youth potential for social transformation.
Selected teams will be shortlisted as semi-finalists by a panel of academics and experienced development professionals from public and private sector institutions, as well as the IGNITE AFRICA team and board. Selected teams will get the opportunity to:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Present their ideas at a IGNITE AFRICA Semifinals event of their choice;
- Be part of the emergent African leaders that are building the future they want to live in;
- Benefit from unique networking opportunities with experts;
- Final competition will award 100,000 USD to boost impact in Africa.
- Applicants must be African or based in Africa to apply;
- Applicants need to be a student or 35 years or below as of January 31 2020 to be eligible;
- Teams must consist of 2 to 4 members and may be formed across different schools, institutions, companies, countries, nationalities, etc.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Submissions will be evaluated according to how well teams demonstrate the following 4 attributes:
- Significance : Teams should be specific enough that they can go into some level of depth, but significant enough that it impacts a large number of people and/or businesses and communities.
- Originality and creativity: Teams should present a solution that is original and creative; submissions should present ideas that are either undeveloped or severely underdeveloped in international development research and literature.
- Feasibility: Teams should include a brief ‘road map to adoption’ that argues for the feasibility of the solution and addresses any obvious roadblocks; all submissions should be actionable and measurable; they should also be based in practicality rather than just theory. Teams are encouraged to tie their submissions to a particular country or region of Africa.
- Clarity : Teams should present their idea in a clear and concise manner.
For more information, visit https://www.igniteafricachallenge.org/
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.