All projects must have an impact on New Yorkers either at a local, regional, or statewide level. Special Projects Fund awards should be considered one-time, nonrenewable funding opportunities. Only in exceptional circumstances would NYSHealth consider making an additional grant for a project that has been previously funded.
- Funding requests can range from $50,000 to a maximum of $300,000.
- Special Projects Fund grants are typically in the $250,000 range.
- Funds requested must be commensurate with the work proposed.
- Projects Eligible for Funding Should Include:
- A clear articulation of need and a focus on vulnerable populations.
- A clear articulation of opportunity, goals, timelines, objectives, and measurable outcomes.
- An effective plan for evaluating the measurable impact of the project based on the potential funding to be received.
- The experience, potential, and readiness of the applicant organization to complete the project successfully.
- A demonstration of how the project will be financially and programmatically sustainable after one time grant support from NYSHealth (particularly relevant for projects that start new services). It is important to explain the business plan for sustaining the project.
- Strong potential for replication elsewhere in New York State or nationally.
- Information on how and why the initiative represents a special opportunity for NYSHealth funding.
- A degree of creativity or innovation.
- Projects are coordinated interventions over a specified period of time to achieve measurable results. Although projects that have impact within one organization or community are eligible, this RFP places emphasis on initiatives that have a large-scale regional or statewide impact on New York State’s health system.
- NYSHealth will consider proposals from existing nonprofit (501[c]) and for-profit organizations with a significant ability to impact New York State. Applicant organizations must show that proposed projects further NYSHealth’s mission.
- Applicants must first submit a brief online inquiry form. After NYSHealth staff members review the online inquiry forms, they will advise applicants on whether to submit full proposals. For detailed guidelines, see the Special Projects Fund inquiry form instructions located in the Apply for Funding section of the NYSHealth website.
- NYSHealth is committed to a fair and transparent proposal review process. Project applications are assessed by a panel comprising reviewers from across the State who possess a diverse set of expertise. Reviewers will use the eligibility criteria as a guide when reading proposals.
For more information, visit https://nyshealthfoundation.org/rfp/2022-special-projects-fund/