The American Women for International Understanding (AWIU) is inviting applications for the International Women of Courage Grants.
Central to AWIU’s mission is its commitment to strengthening the work of women across the world through grants. At its inception in 1968, AWIU issued grants for individual women, which enabled them to travel to the United States for study. In recent years, with such great changes in travel and communications, AWIU’s grant program now focuses upon issuing micro-grants to women’s groups, or groups that enhance the wellbeing of women within a developing country.
AWIU provides grants to grassroots women’s groups in developing countries for short-term, concrete projects. These projects typically support advancement for women in the areas of education, skill training, health, entrepreneurship, and advocacy. AWIU supports projects that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Skill training
Preference is given to projects that:
- Are women-led
- Are concrete in nature
- Are time-limited
- Are focused on education, health or entrepreneurial development
- Have a quantifiable outcome
- Have a potential multiply effect
- Are not more than USD 5,000
- Have two verifiable references
- Are recommended by International Women of Courage, personnel of the US government or other individuals or entities favorably known to AWIU
For more information, visit https://awiu.org/grants/