The NSW Government Government is now accepting applications for its Anzac Community Grants Program to provide grants of up to $3,000 for projects that either promote appreciation and understanding of the service and sacrifice of military service personnel or support activities and services to enhance the wellbeing of the NSW veteran community.
- Local community historical research and education: Projects that help inform and educate the wider community about the service and sacrifice of local veterans and their families, including research towards online or print publications.
- Preservation or display of war memorabilia: Preservation and/or research materials, or display of war memorabilia, artefacts and/or research materials relevant to the local community.
- Public commemorative events, arts and culture: Events that honour or mark military anniversaries and pay tribute to the service and sacrifice of NSW veterans.
- Provide support to members of the NSW veteran community: Activities such as excursions, milestone reunions, and training and development to assist health and wellbeing.
- Grants of up to $3,000.
- Individuals and the following types of not-for-profit organisations are eligible to apply for funding:
- ex-service organisations
- local government authorities
- non government organisations (NGO)
- educational institutions.
- In addition, to be eligible for funding applicants must:
- possess an Australian Business Number (ABN) or can provide written advice from the Australian Taxation Office that no withholding tax is required from the grant payment;
- be financially solvent;
- be based in Australia provided the project is of direct and substantial relevance to NSW; and
- have submitted an acquittal form or progress report for any previously provided Veterans Affairs Grant.
For more information, visit https://www.veterans.nsw.gov.au/commemoration/anzac-community-grants-program/anzac-community-grants-information-for-applicants/