Deadline: 31 March 2020
The Barakat Trust is seeking applications for its Grant Programme 2020 to support and promote the study and preservation of Islamic art, heritage, architecture and culture for future generations.
The Barakat Trust was founded as a UK charity in 1987 and operates for educational and heritage purposes focusing on the heritage of the Islamic world. They provide scholarships and grants for study and research projects at the world’s most respected academic and cultural institutions at post-graduate and post-doctoral level. They support conservation and documentation work, travel for research and education, training programmes, including the training of conservation professionals and curators.
Scope of Awards
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Barakat Trust awards are open to applicants worldwide in the fields of:
- research into the history of the art and architecture, and the archaeology and material culture of Islamic societies, including archaeological and other fieldwork, and research trips;
- the conservation, preservation, restoration, and presentation to the public of artefacts, buildings and archaeological sites produced by Islamic societies;
- the work of libraries, museums and other public collections in the conservation, documentation, and presentation of artefacts and manuscripts produced by Islamic societies in their broadest sense, including the digitisation of archives and collections, and the training of conservation and curatorial staff;
- the organisation of events intended to further research in the history of the art, architecture, archaeology, and material culture of Islamic societies, including colloquia and conferences, lectures, seminars and workshops, exhibitions, and attendance at such events;
- The Academic Advisory Committee annually defines the categories and values of awards within which applications may be made, and retains the right to adjust the number and value of awards, according to the funds available and the quality and quantity of applications received.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The Trust fund individual and institutional efforts to promote and preserve artistic culture and heritage related to the Islamic world as outlined in our Scope of Awards.
- While they have a long track record of supporting projects and initiatives driven by individuals, including but not limited to research trips, publications, and training opportunities, individuals applying for grants from The Barakat Trust need to identify an institution to which grant monies can be transferred on their behalf.
- They cannot make transfers to personal bank accounts, but are strongly committed to the support of individual professional development and projects led by individuals.
Institutions to which they can transfer funds include
- Registered Charities
- Registered Community Interest Companies
- Registered Charitable Incorporated Organisations
- Social enterprises
- Education Institution including Universities
- Museums, Libraries and Archives
For more information, visit https://barakat.org/grants/
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.