Deadline: 29 February 2020
2020 marks 4th anniversary of Ms. Geek Africa, a competition inspired by Ms. Geek Rwanda, aimed at inspiring more girls into Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) by devising solutions to challenges faced in their community and across Africa.
Finalists undergo an intensive training program conducted by successful entrepreneurs. The training equips them with presentation, public speaking and critical thinking skills to prepare them for the competition.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
All finalists have equal opportunity to learn and prepare for the day, and each of them will go home with a laptop and other prizes. The top three winners will be awarded cash prizes. They also get an opportunity to participate in the Transform Africa Summit where they interact with many industry leaders and their governments. All expenses are covered for all selected finalists.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Girls between the ages of 13 and 21 years old.
- Be as a citizen of one of the Smart Africa member states: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, DRCongo, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Gabon, Guinea, Kenya, Mali, Morocco, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, South Africa, South Sudan, Togo, Tunisia and Uganda;
- Contestants must be available to travel to The Republic of Guinea between April 19th – 23rd 2020 for training and Transform Africa Summit.
- Ms. Geek Africa is selected by a panel of judges upon successful presentation of their solution. She receives a wide range of prizes including a cash reward, phone, laptop, tablet, a trip to an international technology event and more.
- Your application must describe the problem you want to solve, how your solution will solve it, a conceptual design, what technologies you are using/should be used to develop it, key stakeholders, how content will be generated, and shared.
- Your solution must be original or an innovative improvement to existing technologies.
- You must consider that most Africans have limited access to internet and smart devices.
- A graphical presentation must accompany the concept note, demonstrating how the solution will work and an example of the user interface.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- All applications must be submitted in English or French;
- Name the submitted application in this format: YOUR NAME-COUNTRY.
Applications must be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, visit https://girlsinict.rw/msgeekafrica
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.