The Professional Artist Grant was created to support and sustain Pinellas County’s creative community and to enhance the County as an arts and culture brand.
The program provides an unrestricted, non-matching financial award to Pinellas County artists of outstanding talent and ability who, with a history of increasingly successful work on the local, national, or international stage, bring recognition, awareness and interest to community, inspire other artists and art lovers, and help make Pinellas County a vibrant arts and cultural community.
Grants of $5,000 each are open to artists doing work in the disciplines of:
- Dance (choreography or performance or both)
- Media Arts
- Music (composition or performance or both)
- Theater/Musical Theater (creation or performance or both)
- Visual Arts
To be eligible for funding as part of the Professional Artist Grant Program, an applicant:
- Must be a current resident of Pinellas County for at least one year prior to December 1, 2020 and must agree to maintain their residency for the duration of the grant award period;
- Must be at least 21 years of age;
- Must not be enrolled in any arts production-related high school, undergraduate or graduate degree seeking program for any portion of the grant award period;
- Must submit a completed online application and all required support documents;
- Must not have received a Creative Pinellas Professional or Emerging Artist Grant within the last three (3) years or twice in the past 10 years.
Creative Pinellas defines a professional artist as someone who:
- Has worked within their discipline(s) for a sustained period of time;
- Exhibits a high degree of talent and ability in their discipline(s);
- Is generally recognized by their critics and/or peers as an artist of serious intent and ability and can increase the standing and awareness of Pinellas County as a destination for arts and artists.
For more information, visit https://creativepinellas.org/professional-artist-grants/