The Kapiti Coast District Council is seeking applications for its Waste Levy Fund for Community Projects to support practical waste minimization projects which encourage community participation and education and/or are of benefit to the community of Kapiti and lead to long term waste minimization action and behavior change.
- Applications for the 2021/22 fund pool of $20,000.
- There is no minimum amount per application. Each application will be assessed on its merits, on a case-by-case basis.
What will they fund?
Practical waste minimisation projects that:
- encourage community participation and education
- and/or are of benefit to the Kapiti community
- lead to long-term waste minimisation action and behaviour change.
- New programmes, projects or events; and/or
- Improvements or expansions to existing programmes;
- Equipment which is necessary to achieve the outcomes of the programme;
- Publicity or educational material directly related to the aims of the programme;
- Training needs of workers;
- Skill development of programme participants;
- Administration costs and project-related expenses (up to $500);
- Wages which are directly related to the project.
- The Fund is open to community groups, businesses, Iwi/Maori organisations, educational institutions, neighbourhood groups of at least five households, and other community-based organisations.
- Funding is only available for projects, or portions of projects, that occur within the boundaries of the Kapiti Coast District.
For more information, visit https://www.kapiticoast.govt.nz/services/a-z-council-services-and-facilities/grants-funding-and-awards/waste-reduction-grants/