The Commission is interested in how each project or cultural event impacts jobs in the creative industry, for the local non-profit arts and cultural community and local working artists of all types – performing, visual, literary, and historical/heritage.
This grant program, as with most grant programs, helps provide employment, sales, or performance opportunities for working artists and those who work for cultural non-profits by supporting a broad range of community cultural events, exhibits, presentations, and projects. It is important to remember that the arts are an industry, and that the business of art, in all its many forms, is an essential economic element of our community.
- Funding Available: $36,000 to non-profit arts and cultural organizations.
- Events must take place between March 31, 2021 – March 31, 2022.
- Requests may not exceed $3800 for projects
- Any non-profit organization or governmental/educational agency in the state of Colorado bringing their project to Grand Junction may apply.
- No individuals or businesses.
For more information, visit https://www.gjcity.org/194/Art-Commission-Grant