Applications are now open for the Artist Development Grant Program to support professional opportunities as well as help to alleviate economic disparity and insecurity facing artists.
- Grants from $50 to $500 are available. The maximum dollar amount any one applicant can request per year is $1,000.
The following is an example of what this grant can fund:
- Fees and associated expenses for opportunities such as exhibitions, residencies, conferences, or classes that advance an artist’s professionalism
- Equipment and supplies to sustain their artistic practice
- Lost income from cancelled opportunities
- Unexpected expenses affecting an artist’s livelihood and financial security such as medical bills or household emergencies.
- Individual artists of all disciplines and expertise, 18 years of age or older, living in Chemung, Schuyler, and Steuben counties may apply.
- Students, full or part time, of any age are not eligible.
For more information, visit https://www.earts.org/grants/grants-for-individuals/artist-development/