In offering Strategic Funding to organisations, the Arts Council wishes to ensure:
- The delivery of excellent artwork and/or events, activities and services
- Excellent opportunities for artists and/or arts professionals to develop their practice and/or to create or to be engaged in high-quality work
- That the diversity of contemporary Ireland is reflected in the work it supports
- That more people will enjoy high-quality arts experiences
- Increased depth of engagement by and with the public
- Standards of excellence in governance and management in the arts.
What types of activities will be supported through Strategic Funding?
Strategic Funding is intended to support both the operating (core) costs of organisations and the activities that your organisation undertakes to deliver your mission.
- Strategic Funding is open to organisations only. Organisations can make only one application each year for Strategic Funding.
- To be eligible for application, your organisation must:
- Be formally constituted as either a Company Limited by Guarantee (CLG) or a Designated Activity Company (DAC) or be a statutory body
- Apply in its own name, and not in the name of another company or individual
- Have previously successfully applied for Arts Council funding either in the name of your organisation or in the name of a key person involved in the organisation.
- Organisations that have already applied for funding through Arts Grant Funding 2022 or the Festival Investment Scheme 2022
- Members of the Council of National Cultural Institutions (CNCI) directly funded by the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media.
- First-time applicants to Strategic Funding must contact the relevant arts team before applying. Applications received from entities that have not contacted the relevant arts team will be considered ineligible.
For more information, visit https://www.artscouncil.ie/Funds/Strategic-Funding/