Arts Council is seeking applications for the National Lottery Project Grants program for arts, museums, and libraries projects to support thousands of individual artists, community, cultural organizations, creative practitioners, and freelancers as quickly as possible.
Until April 2021, the fund will focus on the needs of smaller independent organizations and individual practitioners.
Grant range: £1,000 – £100,000
Because of the circumstances during this COVID-19 period, they will be particularly keen to support:
- Applications from individual creative practitioners
- Research and development activity
- Organizational development activity
- Live activity that can be safely delivered within this period (rather than an activity with a start date far in the future)
- Activity that closely aligns with the Equality Objectives
Prioritizing Applications from Individuals
- The Art Council has noticed that the success rate for individuals in Project Grants is sometimes slightly lower than the success rate for organizations. As a result of the pandemic, a large number of freelance practitioners are in very difficult situations.
- They want to ensure that all aspects of the sector have a chance to develop and recover, and have decided to use whether or not an application is from an individual as part of their balancing criteria.
- This means that when deciding what to fund, panels will aim to make sure the success rate is equal between individuals and organizations.
The Application Form and Criteria
- Public engagement: Public engagement, for example, is likely to involve smaller numbers of people for live activities at the moment, and/or a focus on engaging people through digital means. Public engagement might happen as part of the project, or it might happen in the longer term, beyond the boundaries of your project.
- Management: Managing an activity effectively and safely in this period means that applicants will need to take some new and different things into account. If an activity involves working with the public, you will need to have a plan in place to do this as safely as possible and manage risks effectively.
- Finance: Match funding: For most artists, creatives, and organizations the current situation will make finding additional financial support extremely challenging. The requirement for a minimum of 10 percent match funding during this period has been removed. If you don’t have match funding, or you have less than 10 percent, you will still be able to submit your application.
For more information, visit https://www.artscouncil.org.uk/projectgrants