The Suffolk Community Foundation is seeking applications for its Arts & Culture Fund to ensure equality of access to the clear benefits that arts and culture can provide to improve the lives of those most in need in Suffolk.
The key areas of this need that the fund seeks to address are those that have emerged from the Hidden Needs report:
- Material want or income poverty.
- Loneliness or social isolation.
- Lack of access or limited access to services and opportunities.
To achieve this objective, projects must fit into at least one of the following themes:
- Activities that aid the improvement of physical and emotional health/wellbeing.
- Tackling disadvantage by supporting participation and inclusive access to arts based projects.
- Developing communities that work together to support each other.
- Grants of up to £2,000 are available.
This funding is open to groups who have charitable objectives. Community groups or registered charities can apply as can social enterprises and community interest groups. The fund will consider applications from “micro-organisations” that are delivering local services but who do not have a constitution if it is hosted and supported by either the local Town or Parish Council or other constituted organisation that has charitable aims.
For more information, visit Suffolk Community Foundation.