Deadline: Ongoing Opportunity
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog has launched the call for applications for its two leading programs Atal Incubation Centre (AIC) and Atal Community Innovation Centre (ACIC).
Both the programs envision to create and support the innovation ecosystem in the country by establishing world-class institutions which shall help budding entrepreneurs of the country.
The call for applications is a step to expand the current ecosystem of incubators and to provide them with access to global benchmarks and best practices.
AIC is an initiative of the AIM, NITI Aayog to foster innovation and entrepreneurial spirit while creating a supportive ecosystem for start-ups and entrepreneurs in India. Since 2016, AIM has established 68 Atal Incubation Centres across 18 states and 3 UTs which have supported more than 2700 startups.
These AICs and ASICs will play a pivotal role in enriching the start-up and entrepreneurship ecosystem of India and echo the anthem of Atmanirbhar Bharat.
- Each AIC is supported with a grant of up to INR 10 crores over a period of 5 years.
- Each ACIC is supported with a grant of up to INR 2.5 crores over a period of 5 years.
- Entities such as higher educational institutions, R&D institutes, corporate sector, alternative investment funds registered with SEBI, business accelerators, groups of individuals, and individuals are eligible to apply.
- Applications from multiple collaborating entities or consortia to establish an Atal Incubation Centre are encouraged. however, the entity that is providing the space should make the application and the rest of the consortium partners can be mentioned as partners in the application form.
- AIC program only provides financial support to establish business/startup incubators.
For more information, visit https://pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1847275