The Northern Territory Government is now inviting applications for its Men’s Places Grant Program.
The Northern Territory Gender Equality Action Plan 2022-2025 identifies five focus areas to reduce gender based disadvantages and create greater opportunities for all Territorians, where everyone is treated with dignity, respect and fairness and where everyone has a voice.
There are a number of actions in the Action Plan that seek to improve the lives of Northern Territory men such as:
- Supporting events and activities that provide opportunities for greater social connection and positive mental health outcomes for women and girls, men and boys and gender-diverse Territorians.
- Partnering with organisations and communities to develop resources and health information that
- considers gender and encourages health seeking behaviours – including mental health.
- Promoting positive male role models, positive fathering and grandfathering to celebrate the positive impact of men on their families and communities.
- The total grant funding for the Men’s Places community grant is $100,000 per year.
- Grants of up to $10,000 are available to contribute towards Men’s Places programs, events, activities and equipment in all parts of the Northern Territory.
- You can use the grant to support a range of activities such as:
- information sessions
- skills development
- health and wellbeing programs
- education and peer to peer support programs
- parenting programs and equipment.
- To be eligible to apply for a Men’s Places community grant, applicants must:
- Be a resident of the Northern Territory; or
- If an organisation, be based and registered in the Northern Territory / or partner with a Northern Territory organisation.
For more information, visit Northern Territory Government.