The Australian Plant Biosecurity Science Foundation is calling for new investment proposals to support research, development, extension, and capacity-building activities that support their vision of Australian plant production systems, markets, and environments are protected from invasive pests and diseases through an effective plant biosecurity system.
Investments proposals must have a very specific and defined purpose, clear benefits to plant biosecurity in Australia, and be consistent with the Foundation’s Vision and Mission. Proposals are welcome from any organization or individual.
This 2021 limited funding round seeks to build on previous PBCRC of Foundation investments, with a focus in the following areas, each proposal not to exceed $30k as a guide:
- Education and community awareness;
- Urban and peri-urban biosecurity, especially where there may be language or cultural barriers;
- Indigenous participation in biosecurity;
- Biosecurity for World Heritage Areas.
Proposals must include an itemized quote and as a guide not exceed $30,000 ($4000 for scholarships; exc GST).
- They welcome co-investment opportunities and collaborative initiatives, including with international linkages. They also welcome co-investment opportunities outside of the targeted call. Proponents are strongly encouraged to contact the Foundation to discuss the proposal before submission.
For more information, visit http://www.apbsf.org.au/call-for-proposals-2/