The Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration (PRM) is pleased to announce the 2021 Request for Concept Notes for Humanitarian Research.
- Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) for Protection: How can CVA be formulated to be most impactful in achieving protection outcomes? When does cash for protection work, when should it be in place, and how is it best implemented to achieve intended outcomes? What are the longer term impacts of CVA transfers for protection, and how does the duration of those transfers impact whether or not longer-term protection outcomes are achieved?
- Displaced Indigenous and/or Other Marginalized Populations in South America: What are the types of displacement challenges indigenous and/or binational/transfronterizo populations in South America face? To what extent do humanitarian assistance organizations account for the specific assistance and protection challenges facing displaced indigenous and/or marginalized populations? Research proposals may consider a comparative piece that involves at least two indigenous communities in South America.
- Funding Limits: Summary budgets covering the entirety of the proposed project period must not exceed $300,000 or they will be disqualified.
- Proposed program start dates: September 1, 2021
- Duration of Activity: Applicants may submit multi-year proposals with activities and budgets that do not exceed two (2) years from the proposed start date. Budgets submitted in year one can be revised/updated each year.
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with IRS, other than institutions of higher education (U.S.-based NGOs must be able to demonstrate proof of non-profit tax status);
- Nonprofits without 501(c)(3) status with IRS, other than institutions of higher education (overseas-based NGOs must be able to demonstrate proof of registration in country of domicile);
- Private institutions of higher education; and
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=331558