The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands is seeking applications for its MATRA 2021 program. MATRA is part of the Netherlands Fund for Regional Partnerships (NFRP) that supports current and potential EU candidate countries and the countries of the Eastern Partnership in their attempts to fulfil conditions required by the EU accession processes (e.g. Copenhagen Criteria and/or Association Agreements with EU).
The partnership supplements the European Commission’s efforts and aims to help countries on the fringes of the European Union to strengthen democracy and the rule of law, thus enhance stability.
Objective & Priorities
- The objective of MATRA is to contribute to social transformation, leading to a sustainable relationship between government and the citizens in the areas of plural democracy, the rule of law and human rights, using Dutch experience where possible.
- With this objective in mind, support is provided to civil society organizations to promote constructive dialogue between the government and civil society through demand-driven projects.
- The aim is to increase accountability and transparency of BiH authorities, influence policies and legislation, and/or monitor their implementation in the following fields:
- Rule of Law, including reform of the judiciary and public administration, and fight against corruption and organised crime;
- Respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms, with a special focus on human rights defenders, equal rights for LGBTI persons and freedom of religion and belief;
- Freedom of expression and independent media, including a safe working environment for journalists in traditional and digital media.
- Social and economic reforms in light of EU accession path of Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Stability and security, with a focus on migration, counter-terrorism and countering violent extremism.
- MATRA is open for applications by local non-governmental organizations.
For more information, visit https://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/latest-news/news/2021/02/08/matra-2021—open-call-for-proposals