UN Women has announced a call for proposals for the 2021 Partners for Elements of UN Women Lebanon’s Annual Workplan to create an enabling environment for the realization of gender equality and women’s empowerment.
UN Women advocates and supports social mobilization for legislative reform, works with partners to build gender responsive institutions, and delivers essential services to women and girls in need, both host government nationals and refugees.
UN Women Lebanon Office welcomes proposals for partnerships to achieve results under the following areas:
- Women’s Economic Empowerment and Protection from Gender Based Violence – with a focus on building resilience across the humanitarian-development nexus. This includes work on community mobilisation.
- Women, Peace and Security.
- Women’s Political Participation.
- The budget range for this call for proposals varies by component and can range from 50,000 USD to 400,000 USD.
- Technical/functional competencies required;
- Other competencies, which while not required, can be an asset for the performance of services
- In the selection of partners, the following competencies will be considered:
- Soundness of technical competency described in the approach to the outcome/outputs as described in the Terms of Reference for the Call for Proposals.
- Organisations with a track record of working on women’s rights and gender equality and delivering resultsfor women’s rights in Lebanon.
- Capacity to deliver expected results: governance and management competency, and financial and administrative competency.
- Relevance of the mandate and the role of the organization to implement expected results and to contribute to the sustainability of said results.
For more information, visit https://arabstates.unwomen.org/en/what-we-do/programme-implementation/2021/01/call-for-proposals-un-women-lebanon-annual-workplan-2021