Deadline: 19 August 2016
National Research Foundation (NRF) is currently accepting proposals for its 9th round of South Africa and China Joint Science and Technology Research Collaboration. The projects will be supported for a period of two years starting from 2017.
- To contribute to scientific advancement in both countries through the funding of joint research activities in specified research fields
- To provide an opportunity for young researchers in the two countries to meet and interact
- To support the advancement of basic research
- To contribute meaningfully to research capacity development
- South Africa: The total amount requested from the NRF should not exceed R300 000. Funding will be made available for a maximum of two years, to be paid in annual installments (R150 000 per year).
- China: The total amount requested from MOST should not exceed RMB 180 000. Funding will be made available for a maximum of two years to be paid in annual installments (RMB 90 000 per year).
- South Africa: This call is open to working researchers residing in South Africa and affiliated with a recognised higher education or research institution such as a university, university of technology or science council. The South African applicant must be in possession of a PhD.
- China: This call is open to working researchers residing in Mainland China and affiliated with a recognised Chinese higher education university/college, research institution, or enterprise.
How to Apply
- South African applicants must submit their applications electronically to the NRF on the NRF Online Submission System.
- China applicants must submit their applications via given website.
Eligible Countries: South Africa, China
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.