The City of Vancouver is now accepting grant applications for the 2022 Greenest City Grant.
The Greenest City Grant program offers grants for place-based, community driven initiatives that help advance sustainability, including the City of Vancouver’s Climate Emergency Action Plan, while advancing equity in the city.
- Consumption and waste
- Food systems
- Active transportation
- Ecosystem restoration/ carbon sequestration
- Energy efficiency & green buildings
- They are looking to fund projects that are:
- Place-based and contribute to the City of Vancouver’s Climate Emergency Action Plan goals and supporting focus areas, including zero waste and healthy ecosystems;
- Actively working to reduce the systemic inequities experienced by residents throughout the city;
- Meaningfully engage local residents/communities to increase the sense of ownership of climate solutions and strengthen social connections among individuals and networks.
- A maximum of $50,000 per project. Matching funds, which may include in-kind contributions, are strongly encouraged.
- Registered non-profit societies; community service co-ops or social enterprises wholly owned by a non-profit; registered charities; First Nations Bands. Must be in good standing with the Registrar of Companies/Canadian Revenue Agency.
- Must have an independent, active governing body composed of volunteers. The by-laws must have provisions that no staff member can be a voting member of the board or executive;
- Demonstrate accommodation, welcomeness and openness to people of all ages, abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities (including trans, gender-variant, and two-spirit people), ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, religions, languages, under-represented communities and socio-economic conditions in its policies, practices and programs, except in instances where the exclusion of some group is required for another group to be effectively targeted;
- Have the demonstrated functional capacity and sufficient resources to deliver the initiatives to which the City is being asked to contribute;
- Deliver the funded initiative in Vancouver to Vancouver residents
For more information, visit https://vancouver.ca/people-programs/green-grants.aspx