Kneehill County is inviting applications for its Community Grants to Non-Profit Organizations.
Kneehill County recognizes that volunteer community associations are vital to the health, well-being, and social development of the community.
Each year Kneehill County Council allocates a predetermined amount of money towards project based initiatives and non-operational expenditures through a grant process that responds to community need and are community driven.
Funding under this policy is a one-time interim measure and is not to be relied on as a continuing source of revenue. Council fully expects community organizations to be self-sustaining and to develop working relationships with other contributing partners.
- Non-Profit Organizations, Societies, or Associations who operate within Kneehill County and have had a society status for a minimum of 2 years and:
- are able to match the funding request at a minimum of 50% of the total project cost.
- can complete their project within one year of funding approval.
- have not received a Kneehill Community Grant in the prior year of more than $1,000.
- have projects that haven’t already been started or completed.
- have project-based initiatives and not operational expenditures.
- are responsible for the financial operation of the project.
- have projects that do not enhance or create a fully owned municipal asset.
Who is ineligible to apply?
- Municipalities or Individual Persons.
- Organizations that provide services or programs that are the responsibility of another level of government, including Health, Education, Libraries and Social Services
- Religious Organizations or Organizations with political affiliations
For more information, visit https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=431938485703002&set=a.216175870612599