The Park Foundation has launched its grant program to help Calgarians embrace the outdoors this fall and winter. A partnership between Parks Foundation and The City of Calgary, the grant will help cover costs of community efforts that safely bring people outside.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Calgarians turned to the outdoors to safely take a break, refresh and recharge. After tremendous success last winter, they have brought back their Embrace the Outdoors Grant Program in order to help Calgarians continue to focus on their mental and physical health by going outside.
The intent of this grant is to fund outdoor improvements and enhancements that welcome people to enjoy the outdoors and can be experienced by a variety of users at different times.
Projects should provide multiple opportunities for people to experience and to participate. This program is not intended to fund or support events or community-style gatherings but rather experiences that people can participate in their own time while safely enjoying the outdoors.
- The Embrace the Outdoors Grant program will award grants of up to $4,500 to support the direct costs of community improvements that will safely draw Calgarians outdoors this winter.
Grant funds can be used to cover direct expenses of your community project. Expenses might include:
- Sport equipment, materials or craft supplies
- Instruction costs or artist fees
- Equipment purchases
- COVID-19 protective equipment or cleaning supplies related to the project
There are a variety of possibilities, below are some examples of previously successful projects to help get inspiration:
- Amazing Race Bridgeland – Scavenger hunt in community
- Hay Maze and Outdoor Music Wall
- Indigenous Audio Tours
- Outdoor Art Display and Competition
- Sports Equipment Rentals/Kits for Families
- Birds and Bat House Kits
- Paint the Pathways in your community
Any non-profit organization, club, educational institution or group is eligible to apply if they:
- Are a registered non-profit organization in good standing.
- Are located within The City of Calgary municipal boundaries.
For more information, visit https://www.parksfdn.com/embrace