The City of Carlsbad has announced Community Arts Grants program to encourage, develop and facilitate an enriched environment of artistic, creative and cultural activity in the City of Carlsbad and the North San Diego County region.
These projects benefit the community through an array of activities for schools, artists and organizations.
The Community Arts Grants program supports activities that provide and support quality arts and cultural programming within Carlsbad. Our mission is to:
- Reinforce accessible arts and culture opportunities and experiences for Carlsbad students and residents.
- Provide arts education and lifelong learning opportunities for all ages.
- Support local and regional arts organizations as an important component of the economy and quality of life in Carlsbad and North San Diego County.
- Support arts education in schools and through affiliated organizations.
- Develop and support organizational strength and capacity of Carlsbad arts organizations.
- Encourage new and emerging arts programs and organizations in Carlsbad, and
- Celebrate Carlsbad as an exciting, vibrant and creative destination for our residents and visitors alike.
Funding is structured by classification of each organization, then according to available categories:
- Arts Organizations, including Fiscal Agents of Individual Artists
- Capacity Building – $5,000 maximum award.
- Arts Projects – $7,500 maximum award.
- Educational Institutions and Affiliated Groups
- Arts in Schools – $2,500 maximum award.
- All applicants, including fiscal agents, must be determined to be not-for-profit, tax-exempt organizations by either the Internal Revenue Service or the California State Franchise Tax Board.
- If projects include partnerships, only one application may be submitted for that project involving all parties.
- If a school would like to partner with an arts organization or artist, all partnerships must include a signed letter of agreement between the two parties.
- For Art Organisations
- Arts Organizations must be registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.
- Applicants may apply to one or both the Arts Projects and Capacity Building categories and may submit these applications in the same round or different rounds.
- Applicants may only submit one application per category per funding cycle.
- For Project through Fiscal Agent.
- Individuals or organizations aspiring to a non-profit status may apply through a fiscal agent.
- Fiscal agents will be responsible for receiving awarded funds and dispersing them with a service fee no more than 10% of the amount awarded to the applicant.
- Organizations that act as fiscal agents are still eligible to apply for a Community Arts Grants on their own.
- Any individual artist receiving funding through a fiscal agent must be 18 years of age on or before the application due date.
- For Educational Institutions and Affiliated Groups
- Requests are only available non-profit schools and authorized parent groups residing in Carlsbad.
For more information, visit https://www.carlsbadca.gov/services/depts/arts/opps/grants.asp