Applications to the City of Guelph’s Community Grant program are now open. Not-for-profit organizations are invited to apply for funding to support the work they do to improve community well-being.
- The purpose of this policy is to:
- Improve the quality of life of individuals, neighborhoods and Guelph as a whole through directing City grant funding to eligible organizations that can demonstrate their positive contribution to the achievement of community and City goals.
- Provide eligible organizations with up to three year operating and one year project grants to support operations, activities, programs, and services
- Ensure that the process to review and allocate grant funding is transparent, consistent and achieves the maximum impact for the investment provided.
- Involve Guelph residents in the process of allocating grant funding.
- Funding requests cannot exceed $15,000 per application per year.
- Eligible organizations can apply for funding that supports operating costs, events, special programs or projects, or for small capital items that support the quality of life of Guelph residents. Applicants have an option of up to three years of funding for operational grants or one-year project grants.
- In order to apply to the grant program, applicant organizations and funding request must meet ALL of the following eligibility requirements:
- Both the organization and the investment sought must benefit Guelph residents.
- The organization must be an incorporated not-for-profit organization. This means that it is incorporated under provincial or federal legislation, with or without charitable status.
- The organization must have a volunteer board of directors with the exception of ex-officio members.
- The organization has been in operation for at least one year.
- The organization must have either a location in Guelph or over half of the participants be from Guelph
- The organization is in good standing with the City and, if applicable, its own governing bodies.
- Grant applications are evaluated based on the:
- benefit it will have on the lives of Guelph residents
- community’s support for your organization and its programs, projects and events
- sustainability and need for funding
- The Community Grant Program will not fund the following:
- For profit organizations
- Organizations that have a current signed agreement with the City that states that they are not eligible for other City funding sources
- Other levels of government
- Political organizations
- Organizations whose activities may breach the Ontario Human Rights Code or Charter of Rights
For more information, visit https://guelph.ca/2022/11/apply-for-community-grant-funding-by-december-1/