The City of Kamloops is currently accepting applications from non-profit organizations for the 2021 Community Art Grants. These grants are available for projects that will promote development and awareness of the arts in the community.
The City recognizes that a fully rounded cultural community seeks the involvement of artists at all levels: amateur, emergent, and professional. The City feels it’s important that artists be active members of their community and that their creative activities function as a catalyst for greater community involvement.
- The organization applying for funds must provide one-third of the project funding from other sources.
- Applicants may apply for funds up to $10,000. Realistic budgets must be presented.
- Funds may be allocated to successful projects at varying stages of completion, e.g.:
- one-third upon starting the project;
- one-third upon substantial completion;
- one-third upon completion.
- The City of Kamloops reserves the right to withhold or withdraw funding from projects that are not seen to be fulfilling the application mandate.
- Any non-profit organization may apply for these funds. Non-profit organizations whose regular activities do not normally include artistic production are encouraged to collaborate with artists or arts organizations. Operational funding will not be provided through this program.
- Due to COVID-19, grant applications must reflect activities that can be accomplished within the guidelines of the Provincial Health Order.
For more information, visit https://www.kamloops.ca/our-community/grants-funding