The Social Development Commission (SDC) has announced a funding call for the Community Priority Project (CPP) Grant Program.
- Strengthen the participatory governance framework at the CDC level by way of implementing and managing Environmental, Infrastructural, Educational/Skills Training and Social projects.
- Support change in the Environmental, Infrastructural, Educational/Skills Training and Social situation of the pertinent community.
- Support best practices in the area of community development through priority planning.
- Initiate or improve relationship with funders/sponsors (some of whom may serve as matching-funds partners to CDC).
- Enable sustainability of initiatives/EATs through community participation in the priority planning and project implementation process.
Groups accessing funds oftentimes meet with barriers that relate to their lack of experience in implementing projects/programmes. The Community Priority Project Grant will allow the CDC not only to garner experience in administering funds, but also to bolster its list of activities concerned with community development. To this end, the Grant has been established to provide financial support to CDCs that are eligible.
Each eligible CDC (each community) will be able to receive $150,000 (per Annual Call for Proposals) to assist with its community developmental activities.
All proposed projects MUST emanate from a Priority Plan (completed from fiscal period April 30, 2012 to March 31, 2021).
For more information, visit https://sdc.gov.jm/social-development-commission-grant-call-for-proposals-december-30-2021-to-january-31-2022/