The Embassy aims for the second year to encourage the strengthening of civil societies and communities amongst other actors in Ghana towards the better preservation, promotion and rehabilitation on culture and heritage.
- Protecting Heritage Sites such as, but not limited to, historic buildings, archaeological sites, already protected under international conventions (UNESCO) or not protected, or Ghana national parks;
- Promoting And Developing Responsible Tourism in places of particular interest (with strong touristic potential, archaeological, cultural and scientific interest, etc.);
- Building Local Communities Capacities to deal with the interest of these tangible/intangible heritage sites (promotion, training, education, economical exploitation, etc.)
- Each successful project will be supported with a grant of a minimum of 5,000€ and a maximum of 8,000€.
- Advocating and implementing educational activities in favour of heritage preservation (creating tours, academic materials for schools/general public, or communication tools such as books, video, animation films, comics…);
- Training guides of cultural, touristic, natural and or historical in relation with publicauthorities / academia.
- Empowering citizens to participate in the local protection of cultural and heritage monuments through high level advocacy.
- Enhancing the active roles of local communities towards their participation in tourism and towards sustainable tourism development (production of crafts or derived products with a sustainability and commercialization plan, light renovation works…);
- Organizing events of exhibitions showcasing tangible/intangible heritage and outstanding value of a particular site (including light works/repairs for museums).
- CSO’s that are legally registered and recognized in Ghana;
- CSO’s that are affiliated to known coalitions and networks;
- CSO’s with offices in the regions, and especially in the districts where they plan to implement the project. Credible national CSO’s may also collaborate with local CSO’s located within their preferred project districts to apply for a Project.
For more information, visit https://gh.ambafrance.org/Call-for-Applications-Sankofa-Small-Grants-Programme-2021