By human security the GGHSP prioritize projects that seek to provide satisfaction and basic human needs for all. That is, projects that deals with potential threats to individuals’ lives and well-being. This broadly encompasses social, environmental, economic and health concerns.
GGHSP targets areas that aim to improve Human Security. Typical project areas are Basic Education, Primary Health Care, Water & Sanitation and Agriculture. Below are examples of the respective project areas:
- Basic Education – Classroom Blocks, Furniture etc. for Schools
- Primary Health Care – Health Care Facilities, Medical Equipment, etc.
- Water & Sanitation – Water Supply System (Bore Holes, Water Wells), Sanitation Facilities (Latrines) etc.
- Agriculture – Storage, Food Processing Facilities, Equipment etc.
- The maximum grant available for each project is 10 million Yen (approx.USD 89, 285 for Japanese Fiscal Year of 2018).
- An applicant must be a non-profit making organization with more than three years history.
- An applicant must be registered organization, not an individual, or a mere group of individuals.
- An applicant may not be a governmental and an international organization in principle except for measures against dispute and disaster.
- An applicant must have sufficient funds to cover monitoring and reporting during implementation of the project and running cost for the completed facilities.
- Eligible applicants include non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local public authorities, educational institutions such as primary and junior high schools, hospitals and medical institution.
For more information, visit https://www.gh.emb-japan.go.jp/itprtop_en/index.html