The Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation has launched its Endowment Challenge Grants Program to support nonprofit organizations in building endowments in Linn County, Iowa.
The matching endowment fund is opened and held at the Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation after notification of funding.
Nonprofit endowment funds are an investment in the mission and the future of the organization by providing general operating support, stability during cyclical income variances, and income for areas of high importance to the organization.
- $25,000 and five years to meet the match.
Nonprofit organizations in Linn County, Iowa, that are at least seven years old (based on the date of the IRS letter of determination) and hold 501(c)(3) status may apply if they meet two or more of the following criteria:
- The organization is based in Linn County
- The organization serves residents of Linn County
- A received Endowment Challenge Grant will only serve residents of Linn County
- The organization currently holds one or more agency endowed funds at the Community Foundation. The fund(s) must have been opened AND have a balance at or above the $10,000 fund minimum at least one year prior to the date of application.
- Organizations that do not meet two or more of the above criteria
- Organizations with a core religious mission.
For more information, visit https://www.gcrcf.org/grants/funding-opportunities/endowment-challenge-grant/