The European Commission (EC) is offering grants under “Not-for-profit European Sport Events”.
This Action aims to support the organisation of sport events with a European dimension in the following fields:
- Volunteering in sport;
- Social inclusion through sport;
- Fight against discrimination in sport, including gender equality;
- Encouraging the participation in sport and physical activity including:
- the implementation of the Council Recommendation on health-enhancing physical activity, the EU Physical Activity Guidelines and the Tartu Call for a Healthy Lifestyle
- the support to the implementation of the European Weeks of Sport
- the promotion of sport and physical activity as a tool for health
- the promotion of all activities encouraging the practice of sport and physical activity including traditional sport and games and intergenerational sport.
It provides financial support for the organization of one European-wide sport event in one EU Member State or third country associated to the Programme or for the organisation of European local events in several EU Member States and third countries associated to the Programme.
- European local events:
- Type I: 200.000 EUR
- Type II: 300.000 EUR
- European-wide events: 450.000 EUR
- The duration must be chosen at application stage (12 or 18 months), based on the objective of the project and on the type of activities foreseen over time.
Any public or private organisation, with its affiliated entities (if any), active in the field of sport, established in an EU Member State or third country associated to the programme. For example, such organisation can be (non-exhaustive list):
- a public body in charge of sport at local, regional or national level;
- a sport organisation at local, regional, national, European or international level;
- a National Olympic Committee or National Sport confederation;
- an organisation representing the ‘sport for all’ movement;
- an organisation active in the field of physical activity promotion;
- an organisation representing the active leisure sector;
- an organisation active in the field of education, training or youth.
Any public or private organisation, with its affiliated entities (if any), active in the field of sport, established in an EU Member State or third country associated to the Programme.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3FLc148