Deadline: Ongoing Opportunity
The Explorers Club is excited to announce a new grant program in partnership with Discovery, Inc.
The Explorers Club Discovery Expeditions grants align with The Club’s mission to foster scientific understanding for the betterment of humanity and all life on Earth and beyond, including their commitment to mitigate climate change, prevent the extinction of species and cultures, and ensure the health of their lands, oceans and all that inhabit them.
What types of expeditions are funded?
- Fieldwork in the following disciplines will be considered: biological sciences, archaeology, anthropology, paleontology, earth sciences, ecology, and astronomy, as well as exploratory projects that reveal new knowledge about the planet and its inhabitants, including regions undergoing significant environmental or cultural change.
- While there may be lab components of a project, grants will provide funding for projects that are largely based upon a field expedition.
- Fieldwork can be rugged and adventurous, but the program will not consider projects purely focused on adrenaline sports or physical feats.
- Grants generally range from $25,000 to $40,000.
- The Explorers Club Expedition grants support researchers and explorers from around the world, while also providing them with a platform to illuminate their findings—and without restrictions on scientific publication or infringement on ownership of research.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- The proposed project will also be evaluated on its potential to inform and educate a global audience through inspirational storytelling.
For more information, visit https://www.explorers.org/grants/explorers-club-discovery-expedition-grants/