Deadline: 20 March 2020
The British Ecological Society (BES) is currently accepting applications for its Ecologists in Africa Grant Program to carry out innovative ecological research.
This grant is designed to support applicants to develop skills, experience and knowledge base as well as making connections with ecologists in the developed world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- The maximum value of a grant is £8,000 for research. An additional sum up to £2,000 may be requested to fund travel to help applicants develop connections with other ecologists outside applicants usual peer group. This must be requested at the application stage.
- Travel funds are available to spend time working with ecologists in developed countries where facilities and experience will help applicants on return to their own institution.
- Successful applicants also receive two years of free BES membership and free online access to their journals.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- be a scientist and a citizen of a country in Africa or its associated islands, that is a ‘low-income economy’ or ‘lower-middle-income economy’ according to the World Bank categorisation
- have at least an MSc or equivalent degree
- be working for a university or research institution in Africa (including field centres, NGOs, museums etc.) that provides basic research facilities
- carry out the research in a country in Africa or its associated islands
- The proposed work must be completed within 18 months.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
For more information, visit https://www.britishecologicalsociety.org/funding/ecologists-in-africa/
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.