Deadline: Ongoing Opportunity
The County Durham Community Foundation is accepting applications for its Organizational Sustainability Fund (Small Grants) up to £5,000 is available to help organizations sustain their current work, increase their capacity and improve their future sustainability.
- The following are examples how grants could be used, but all applications that demonstrate how funds would be used to increase an organization’s overall sustainability will be considered.
- Funding could be used to:
- cover staff time including increasing hours
- cover significant cost increases for key elements of the organization’s work, if the cost increase would otherwise cause an organization to reduce their activities,
- develop new services that would add to an organization’s ability to support local people.
- Size of grant £5,000
What type of funding can you apply for?
- Applications will be considered for core organization running costs including (but not limited to):
- staff time – applicants must specify the activity to be covered by the funding and how it relates to sustaining the organization,
- premises costs including energy bills
- office costs including IT equipment (limited to £1,500),
- external advice / support services to support improvements to governance and sustainability,
- other core costs of operating the organization
- Applicants must provide a clear, itemized budget showing how the funds will be spent. They cannot fund a contribution to an annual figure for running costs.
Funding cannot be used for?
- items for distribution including food etc (please see the Poverty Hurts Fund that covers these items),
- the costs of Warm Spaces (please see the Warm Spaces Fund, coming soon)
- onward grant making or purchasing items for individuals.
- Community groups working within County Durham and Darlington can apply.
- In addition to the general requirements listed in the guidelines, applying organizations must meet the following criteria. Organizations must:
- be based in and undertaking activities in County Durham and Darlington,
- have an annual income of £250,000 or less,
- Clearly explain in the application how the funding will sustain their organization’s activities.
Please note, organizations that hold external grant funding that covers the majority of their core costs for 12+ months will likely not be considered.
For more information, visit https://www.cdcf.org.uk/grants-for-groups/organisational-sustainability-fund/