The Institut fur Auslandsbeziehungen (IFA) is currently accepting applications for the Artists’ Contacts Programme to support the international cooperation of cultural actors.
Artists and cultural practitioners from Germany and from transformation or developing countries receive valuable support for projects in contemporary visual arts, architecture, photography, media art and design.
The Artists’ Contacts Programme is open to:
- Cultural actors from developing and emerging countries who want to carry out a project in Germany
- German people working in the cultural sector or those with at least 5 years of residency in Germany who are planning a project in a developing or emerging country.
- High quality standard of the artistic project.
- In the project, German art and culture workers and art and culture workers from developing and transition countries work together artistically and in terms of content.
- Artists and cultural workers who live in Germany but do not have German citizenship must prove how long they have been living in Germany.
- The minimum requirement is five years.
- Invitation from a non-commercial cultural or exhibition institution (no private gallery).
- The project project may not be realized in a commercial context.
- A sale of art excludes funding.
- Considerable financial and / or other own contributions by the issuing foreign institution.
- Travel and work stays from transition and developing countries to or in Germany, e.g. Exhibitions, performances, artist-in-residence programs, workshops, preparatory and research trips, international events (symposia, conferences and lectures).
- Travel and work stays for German cultural workers or cultural workers who have lived in Germany for at least five years to or in transition and developing countries (performances, artist-in-residence programs, workshops, preparatory and research trips, international events such as symposia, conferences and lectures).
- Cultural workers who come from a transition or developing country can also apply for grants for exhibitions in Germany.
- Artists, curators, art educators, art theorists, architects and designers (including institutions) from developing and transition countries who want to come to Germany.
- German artists, curators, art educators, art theorists, architects and designers (including institutions) who want to go to developing and transition countries.
- Non-German artists, curators, art educators, art theorists, architects and designers (including institutions) who have lived in Germany for at least five years and are involved in development and Transition countries want (proof of residence required).
For more information, visit https://www.ifa.de/en/fundings/artists-contacts/