Deadline: 7 April 2020
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control – CGH has announced a Notice of Funding Opportunity for “Global Health Security Partnership Engagement: Expanding Efforts and Strategies to Protect and Improve Public Health in Cameroon”.
This NOFO supports implementation of programs and activities focusing on protecting and improving health globally and further implementing Global Health Security (GHS) through partnerships with health organizations.
The purpose of this NOFO is to advance support for multi-sectoral engagement in human and animal health at all levels in developing strong health systems and resources needed for enhanced surveillance, preparedness and readiness efforts for outbreaks, public health emergencies and health threats. The three main strategic areas are prevent avoidable epidemics, detect threats early, and respond rapidly and effectively to potential events of concern for public health and health security.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Total Period of Performance Funding: $15,000,000;
- Approximate Average Award: $1,000,000 Per Budget Period;
- Approximate Period of Performance Length: 5 year(s)
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The impact will be to limit the spread of infectious diseases and reduce public health threats in humans and animals, mitigate human suffering and the loss of human and animal life and reduce the economic impact.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
This NOFO’s main outcomes are to:
- Improve prevention of avoidable epidemics including naturally occurring outbreaks and intentional or accidental releases of dangerous pathogens;
- Improve ability to rapidly detect threats early, including detecting, characterizing, and reporting emerging public health threats;
- Improve interconnected global network that can respond rapidly and effectively to public health threats of international concern.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
The target populations for this NOFO include, but are not limited to, those individuals Cameroon, infected and affected by infectious diseases, are at risk for becoming infected by an infectious disease. The target population for this NOFO may also include at-risk population for non-communicable diseases and/or other public health emergencies within Cameroon.
The work under this NOFO may also target increased capacity at the national and sub-national level to implement activities in alignment with the objectives of this NOFO.The work under this NOFO will also implement and achieve outbreak/epidemic/pandemic control in line with USG and CDC strategy.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
This NOFO is divided into three components – each applicant must apply for all three components.
- Core Global Health Security Priorities;
- Rapid Response to small scale infectious disease outbreaks or other Public Health Emergencies;
- Rapid Response to Large Scale Infectious Disease Outbreaks or other Public Health Emergencies.
- State governments;
- County governments;
- City or township governments;
- Special district governments;
- Independent school districts;
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education;
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized);
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities;
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments);
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education;
- Nonprofits without 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education;
- Private institutions of higher education;
- For profit organizations other than small businesses;
- Small businesses.
How to Apply
Applicants may access the application package via given website. The first step in submitting an application online is registering your organization at Grants.gov.
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=321061