The Creative Work Fund is inviting application for Artists and Non Profit Organizations to create new art works through collaborations.
It celebrates the role of artists as problem solvers and the making of art as a profound contribution to intellectual inquiry and to the strengthening of communities. Artists are encouraged to collaborate with nonprofit organizations of all kinds, stretching boundaries and forging new partnerships.
In October 2021, the Fund will award approximately $650,000 in grants to nonprofit organizations and collaborating artists. Grants will range from $15,000 to $45,000. Projects are expected to be completed within two or three years, but those of longer duration will be considered.
The Fund Seeks
- Projects in which the creation of an artwork is central
- Projects in which the artist functions primarily as an artist, not as a teacher, an art therapist, or in another capacity
- Projects in which an active, authentic working partnership between the artist or artists and the organization is central to the work’s development
- Projects that engage the organization’s constituents in the artist’s work
- Projects that draw upon artists’ creativity and problem-solving abilities
- Projects through which the making of art can strengthen a community, draw attention to an important issue, or engage audiences in new ways
- Projects that challenge artistic imagination and organizational thinking
- Projects that will be presented in Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Monterey, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, or Sonoma County
- Projects that designate at least two-thirds of the grant funds to the principal artists and their direct expenses for creating the work
Creative Work Fund projects feature one or more artists collaborating with 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations. Fiscal sponsors are allowed. The Fund encourages the artists and organizations to “come together” for the sake of this collaboration: An artist should not submit a request to collaborate with an organization while serving on the organization’s staff or board of directors.
For more information, visit https://creativeworkfund.org/grant-guidelines