Deadline: 25 January 2020
The Melinda Gray Ardia Envrionmental Foundation is currently seeking applications for Environmental Curriculum Development Grants to assist educators in the design and implementation of holistic environmental curricula.
The Foundation seeks to contribute to the development, implementation and/or field testing of environmental curricula that meet the mission, goals and requirements.
Melinda Gray Ardia Envrionmental Foundation
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Melinda Gray Ardia Envrionmental Foundation (MGAEF) is a non-Profit Private foundation dedicated to increasing environmental education, awarness and responsibility around the globe.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The mission of grant program is to support educators in developing and implementing holistic environmental curricula that:
- Integrate field activities and classroom teaching, and;
- Incorporate basic ecological principles and problem solving.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
They have developed grant program with the following goals:
- To empower and encourage students to become involved in solving environmental and social problems;
- To promote thoughtful and appropriate analysis and understanding of the natural world;
- To train students as informed decision makers through the emphasis and application of basic ecological principles.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
To be awarded a grant, environmental curricula must:
- Show a holistic approach;
- Strive to synthesize multiple levels of learning (facts, concepts, principles);
- Include experiential integrated learning and problem solving;
- Be founded on basic scientific principles, including hypothesis testing and experimental design;
- Incorporate basic ecological principles and field environmental activities within a primary or secondary school setting;
- Present controversial issues objectively, stressing the development of individual student opinions.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
The Foundation provide grants of $1500 to educators to develop or implement environmental curricula.
- Any organization is eligible to apply, including schools, non-profits, governmental agencies and others;
- The Melinda Gray Ardia Environmental Foundation is available to everyone regardless of race, gender, religion, national origin, age, handicap, or sexual orientation;
- The only criterion that are required to provide funds to an organization, not to an individual. If applicants are self-employed, they need to find a sponsoring organization;
- They fund organizations across the globe, for example in Tanzania, Kenya, Guatemala, Chile and Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.mgaef.org/application.htm
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.