Deadline: 31 January 2020
Van Tienhoven Foundation is a small foundation that makes grants on the basis of the estate of Pieter Gerbrand van Tienhoven.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Van Tienhoven Foundation for International Nature Protection aims to promote the protection, conservation, and sustainable use of ecosystems and it’s living organisms, where ever these are threatened or under pressure outside the Netherlands.
The Foundation are concerned about life on earth and the delicate balance between human life, nature and biodiversity. They believe local people are instrumental and key to conserve and restore nature and species populations. They believe that small grants can have a great impact, but only if small grants lead to change in policy and practice.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Van Tienhoven Foundation maximum requested budget is 10.000 euro from and a total project budget of no more than 50.000 euro.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The Van Tienhoven Foundation priorities projects that:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Are focusing on threatened species and ecosystems and/or key biodiversity areas;
- Are aiming to counter the human-induced causes for these threats, in order to have maximum conservation impact;
- Are practical, hands-on and directly applicable in order to generate change;
- Are initiated, owned or widely supported by local stakeholders, in order to ensure sustainability;
- Are exemplary for a wider problem, serve as a catalyst for raising awareness and engaging other stakeholders;
- Create leverage and can demonstrate that small grants and individual efforts can make a difference.
The Foundation only accept applications:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- From not-for-profit organisations, that are registered as legal bodies (NGOs and scientific institutions);
- Foundation don’t accept applications from government bodies, private companies or individuals;
- Only 1 application per organisation will be taken into consideration each call for proposals, if the following conditions have been met: a) If an organisation has been given a grant before, a final report must have been submitted for any project previously supported by the Van Tienhoven Foundation, b) No more than 3 projects of the same organisation have been funded by the Van Tienhoven Foundation during the past 8 years (starting from the date at which a final report of the first project was received by the secretariat of the Van Tienhoven Foundation);
- From organisations with a track record in conservation and/or social justice/sustainable development, to be demonstrated by background documentation;
- Implemented in developing countries or in countries in transition, predominantly following the most recent DAC list;
- With costs based on local rates. Costs of salaries and consultancy fees based on rates outside the countries of implementation are not covered. Travel costs (from) outside the countries of implementation are not covered. The purchase of vehicles (e.g. cars, boats) is not supported. Foundation do not support overhead costs.
For more information, visit https://www.vantienhovenfoundation.com/C120-Application.html?nav=120