Harcourts Foundation is currently accepting applications for its Grant Program to provide support that helps, grows, and enriches the communities.
- Grant applications must be for a specific event, project, item, or initiative.
- Requests for the event, project, item, or initiative must be scheduled to occur within four months of the upcoming Grant decision meeting date (meetings are held in the month following the end of the quarter).
- Grants will not be given for items already purchased or events/initiatives/projects already held.
- If the Grant is not used for the purpose for which it was applied, the foundation will request that you return it so the foundation can provide it to another deserving group.
- The foundation may ask for supporting documents such as quotes, references etc.
- If you are a branch of an organisation where another branch has been successful in achieving a Grant from foundation in the past, this does not mean you automatically qualify for a Grant. Each application will be considered independently based on funds available and circumstances at the time.
- If you are successful, please do not apply within the next 18 months, as the foundation would like to assist other organisations.
- You may apply as a national or regional organisation, however your application must be for a specific community event, project, item, or initiative that fits the criteria.
- Special note re DGR Status: Your organisation must be EITHER endorsed as a DGR by the Australian Tax Office (ATO), or must be specifically named in the Income Tax Assessment Act 1977 as being a DGR.
- Activity Being Applied For: If your organisation has DGR status for one part of your activities, your application should only be directly related to that activity.
- Name of Applicant: If your organisation has more than one name, please ensure the application is made in the name which has the DGR status.
- Who is Applying for a Grant?: The organisation applying for a grant MUST be the organisation which will run the project for which the grant is being sought.
In order to complete your application, you will need to provide ALL of the following:
- A copy of your ‘Endorsement as a Deductible Gift Recipient’ certificate as issued by the ATO, OR details in which your organisation is named in Subdivision 30-B of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.
- A copy of your organisation’s ‘Notice of Endorsement for Charity Tax Concessions’ issued by the ATO on or after 1 July 2005. This notice will describe your organisation as a charitable institution, charitable fund, public benevolent institution or health promotion charity.
- The item number in which the applicant organisation is named in Subdivision 30-B of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.
- Confirmation of your Australian Business Number (ABN) where shown on the application form.
For more information, visit https://harcourtsfoundation.org/australia/#aufaq