Deadline: 16 December 2016
The Hilden Charitable Fund is currently seeking applications to award grants to projects both in the UK and in developing countries with an aim to address disadvantages, notably by supporting causes which are less likely to raise funds from public subscriptions.
Hilden’s grant making priorities overseas are for projects in developing countries working on community development, education, and health. Trustees will particularly welcome projects that address the needs and potential of girls and women.
- Average grants are £5,000.
- Hilden will consider funding for more than one year.
- In the UK: Hilden’s grant making priorities are: Homelessness, Penal Affairs, Asylum Seekers and Refugees, and Community Based initiatives for Disadvantaged Young People Aged 16 to 25.
- Overseas: Hilden’s grant making priorities overseas are for projects in developing countries working on community development, education, and health. Trustees will particularly welcome projects that address the needs and potential of girls and women.
Eligible Applicants can be
- organisation registered and operating in the UK
- organisation registered and operating in an overseas country
UK Charities working overseas which have:
- a history of working overseas for at least 5 years
- have an income of over £100,000 in their last two financial years, but not more than £500,000
- if they are working with partners overseas (ie funding their partners) they should show that their partners have been in existence for at least 3 years and have an income of over £10,000
Charities based overseas applying must show:
- a history of working for at least 5 years
- have an income of over £25,000 in their last 2 financial years, but no more than £100,000
How to Apply
All applicants to the Fund are requested to complete an application form outlining their request for funds, and their legal and financial status.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial, Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe, UK.
For more information, visit http://www.hildencharitablefund.org.uk/