Deadline: 8 January 2019
Applications are open for the Impact Fund grants program for the Spring 2019, awarding grants to legal services nonprofits, private attorneys, and/or small law firms who seek to advance justice in the areas of civil and human rights, environmental justice, and/or poverty law.
- Social Justice: Provides grants and legal support to assist in human and civil rights cases.
- Environmental Justice: Provides grants to support impact litigation for environmental justice, with a focus on marginalized communities.
- Economic Justice: Provides financial and other forms of support to cases fighting for economic justice.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- The Impact Fund makes grants to lawyers, law firms, and nonprofit organizations involved in impact litigation.
- Most of their grants are for one particular case, but occasionally they fund a series of cases bound by a common strategy. They fund civil rights, human rights, anti-poverty, and environmental justice cases that will affect a marginalized group.
- Most of their grants are for class actions, but they also fund multi-plaintiff and environmental justice cases that aim to significantly affect a larger system. Impact Fund grants may be used for out-of-pocket litigation expenses such as expert fees and discovery costs, but not for attorney’s fees, staff, or other overhead.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Impact Fund.