Deadline: 8 October 2019
Impact Fund is seeking applications for its grants program for winter 2019, awarding grants to legal services nonprofits, private attorneys, and/or small law firms who seek to advance justice in the areas of civil and human rights, environmental justice, and/or poverty law.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- Social Justice: Provides grants and legal support to assist in human and civil rights cases.
- Environmental Justice: Provides grants to support impact litigation for environmental justice, with a focus on marginalized communities.
- Economic Justice: Provides financial and other forms of support to cases fighting for economic justice.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- The Impact Fund makes recoverable grants to lawyers, law firms, and nonprofit organizations involved in impact litigation.
- Most of their grants are for one particular case, but occasionally they fund a series of cases bound by a common strategy. They fund civil rights, human rights, anti-poverty, and environmental justice cases that will affect a marginalized group.
- Most of their grants are for class actions, but they also fund multi-plaintiff and environmental justice cases that aim to significantly affect a larger system. Impact Fund grants may be used for out-of-pocket litigation expenses such as expert fees and discovery costs, but not for attorney’s fees, staff, or other overhead.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.impactfund.org/about-legal-case-grants/